Lush Mask Of Magnaminty Face And Body Mask Review

Hello guys!=)
So this week's review is about this mask from 'Lush'.


If you guys haven't notice yet, I seldom purchase 'Lush' products.
It's because the things that I wanted to try from 'Lush' are their bath products like bath bombs, bubble bar, etc.
But too bad I don't have a bathtub so I can't try any of those.
That's why I always walk pass through 'Lush' because I knew I couldn't try any of the ones I wanted to try.
I didn't actually knew 'Lush' has other products like skincare and haircare and cosmetics as well!
So I really wanted to try all of them but unfortunately I'm not a billionaire so I can't purchase all of them at once.
So I did bought a few skincare products to try and this is one of the bestselling mask and everyone was raving about it so I wanted to give it a go!=)


As you can tell by the picture above, it looks like a green slimy kinda mud? (If you understand what I mean lol)
It doesn't looks nice in the pot but DANG girl! This green thing will do wonders for your skin!

Let's see what it claims:
A multi-purpose mask with a mixture of gentle yet effective ingredients to clean, calm and clear the skin - now in a self-preserving formula. Easily smoothed over the skin anywhere you like, this mask is made with peppermint oil to stimulate, marigold oil and chlorophyllin to treat the skin; evening primrose seeds and aduki beans to gently exfoliate as you remove it. There's also mineral rich kaolin to nourish, antibacterial honey, and peppermint oil to stimulate the blood cells just under the surface of your skin to leave it looking bright and refreshed.

Rate: 8/10


It is obviously green in color and has a pretty thick consistency.
I usually apply a decent layer which might be thin for some people but for me I think it's decent amount.
It has peppermint scent since it has peppermint oil in it so if you are allergic to peppermint then stay away.


The picture above shows you the before which is when I first apply the mask to my skin and the after which shows you when it is all dried up.
I know there's no massive difference but look closer then you'll see that the after picture is slightly darker in color.
It is very easy on-the-go mask because it literally takes up only 5 minutes for it to dry!
I usually use a washcloth or muslin cloth to wash it off because I just like the extra exfoliation feeling on my skin.
It has azuki beans in it which helps to exfoliate your skin very gently.
You won't feel like your skin is gonna "fall off" anytime soon. Lol

I must say it's not a deep-cleansing mask, but it's a mask that really helps treats what's on the surface of my skin and helps cleanse and gently exfoliate your skin.
It's recommended for all skin types especially blemish-prone skin.
I find that for my skin, it only treats what's on the surface like my breakouts or pimples that has come to the surface.
It doesn't treats the ones that are deep down under your skin.
So just keep in mind of that.
It is recommended to use weekly but I was using this mask every other day for a period of time because it was expiring and I don't want to waste it so I ended up using it every other day.
But surprisingly, it keeps my skin clear for the entire time I use it!
It's amazing!
I'm not saying that you should use it every other day, I'm just trying to tell you guys that it's really gentle on the skin so no worries even if you have sensitive skin.

I especially love the cooling feeling that it leaves even after washing it off!
I bought the smallest tub and it literally lasted me for more than 15 uses.
One more thing before I end this post, I don't like the packaging of this mask for travelling.
I know usually people don't bring this kind of mask to travel because it's so inconvenient.
But I brought it to travel with me and I put it in my check-in luggage and I don't know what happened to my luggage, I think they tumbled it upside down, the mask ended up upside down when I opened it.
And the honey in it kinda leaked a little and almost a quarter of my mask is gone!
I don't know where it has gone because there's no sign of the mask out of the sealed-bag that I've put it in.
This mask is pretty solid and not liquidy so it won't just leaked out everywhere, just the honey you have to be careful of.
Overall, I do not recommend you guys to travel with it.
Oh! And it comes in 2 sizes as well!=)

PS: They've came out with the new formulated mask with the same packaging but just the ingredients that has slight changes. I've tried both the before-formulated one and after-formulated one and honestly, I prefer the before-formulated one. The new one has more honey in it which is good since honey is a natural antibacterial agent but somehow I feel the difference of both. The new one doesn't has the cooling feeling anymore and has more azuki beans in it.

Links for further information:
Link: Lush UK website (£5.50 - 125g / £9.75 - 315g)
Link: Lush US website ($12.95 - 125g / $24.95 - 315g)

That's it guys!=)
Thanks for reading!=)
If you've successfully read the entire post, drop me a comment down below!=)
Hope you liked it!=)
X.O.X.O

Comments