Hatomugi Moisturizing & Conditioning The Milky Cream Review

Hello friends!=)
So today's review is a body lotion from a famous Japan drugstore brand, 'Hatomugi'.


Just a little update for you guys. I'm currently staying in Japan for half a year, so while I'm here, I told myself why not check out some Japanese local brands of products. J-Beauty has been famous for years now. So I'm glad I get to test out their products here in Japan. I decided to get this body cream because I couldn't find anything else that is richer than this product. I have very dry skin in general and the skin on my body gets itchy if it gets too dry, so I needed something that is rich and thick. Most of the body lotions sold in the Japanese drugstore nearby my place are those milk type, lotion type, spray type and essence type. The only cream consistency body product that I found in the drugstore is this body cream. So I decided to try it even though it's not cheap.

Claims:
Contains coix seed extract furnishes the skin with the moisture. Leaves the skin clear, fresh and smooth. Highly moisturising ingredients, hyaluronic acid formula. Colouring and alcohol free.

Ingredients: 
Crosspolymer of acrylic acid/alkyl acrylate (C10-30) acrylic acid, water, glycerin, BG, behenyl alcohol, mineral oil, cetanol, dimethicone, sorbitan stearate, polysorbate 60, stearic acid, pearl barley seed extract, hyaluronic acid, carbomer, xanthan gum, EDTA-4Na, methylparaben, ethylparaben, phenoxyethanol, fragrance.

Skin type: all skin types

Rate: 6/10


Consistency/texture: gel-cream

Smell/scent: light artificial barley scent

Feel: super lightweight

How often do I use: every night before bed

Packaging: big and bulky. Not suitable for travelling.

Sizes: one size (300ml)

Whole product lasted how long: exactly a month

Would I recommend to others: maybe

Personal experience using it: Like I mentioned above, I bought this body cream because I couldn't find any other body products that is richer than this. I was quite surprised when I first used it because it doesn't feel like a cream at all. It's more of a gel cream than a cream. It's not thick and absorbs super fast that sometimes I feel like I didn't apply anything at all. For me personally, I prefer thick and rich body lotion/cream/butter so this body cream is not moisturising enough for my extremely dry skin. I was also surprised that I finished the entire tub of 300ml body cream in exactly a month's time. It was too fast for me because this body cream wasn't cheap at all. I would recommend for those who doesn't like thick body lotions and something that would absorb instantly.

Would I repurchase: no

Product value/price: ¥753 (it was on sale when I bought it)

Where I bought mine: Welcia, Japan drugstore

Links for further information: Japan Amazon website

That's it guys!=)
Thanks for reading.
Question of the day: What is your favourite body lotion?
X.O.X.O

Comments

  1. Thank you ❤️🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this good for sensitive combination skin???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we use it on the face?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment