MaxFactor Masterpiece Max High Volume & Definition Mascara Review

Hi beauties=)
So today's makeup review is gonna be about a mascara from MaxFactor.


This is a sample size or maybe a travel size mascara that I got from a MaxFactor small gift set for free.
This is the MaxFactor Masterpiece Max High Volume & Definition Mascara as you can tell by the title.
Let's not talk much and jump straight in=)

PS: Ignore the pink tag guys, that's the expiry date.

Here's the claims:
A high-impact, volumising mascara creates bold, smooth, sleek lashes with up to four times your bare-lash volume. Masterpiece Max creates bold thick lashes for chic beautifully framed eyes. The IFX brush delivers 4x more volume vs. bare lashes. Smudge-proof and touch-proof for all day confidence. Great choice for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.

Tips for how to apply:

  1. Look down into a mirror and work the mascara wand from side-to-side, root to tip.
  2. Look up and apply to your lower lashes. Use the ball tip of  the wand to coat each lash for a defined look.
  3. Wait until tacky before applying a second coat to your upper lashes.
  4. Never pump your mascara wand in and out of the tube - the trapped air dries it out.
Suitable for:
Definition, No clumps, Plumping, Smudge resistant, Volume, Dramatic, Day-time, Day-to-night, Natural, Summer, Work, Liquid.

A lot of claims huh?
Well, let's see what are my thoughts and opinions on this mascara.

Volume: Yes
Smudge-proof: Not sure
Touch-proof: Yes
Definition: Yes
Clump-free: Not really
Dramatic: No
Natural: Yes
Rate: 7/10

I have no hate for this mascara but definitely not a holy-grail of mine.
It is okay for me but I won't purposely reach out for this mascara for my everyday use.
This mascara has 3 types of shades which are black, black/brown and deep blue.


Here's how the wand looks like.
It's the kind of normal, standard kind of wand.
But it gets thinner till the end of the wand and that's great for inner corner lashes so that you won't poke your eyeballs with mascara wand.
I can't really tell you whether it's smudge-proof and waterproof or not because I don't wear it and purposely stand under the rain so I'm not sure.
As for the clump-free part, I don't really agree with that because I found out that the maximum coat for this mascara is 3 coats.
If you apply more than 3 coats, then it will clumps badly.
But that's my own personal experience with this mascara.
It is definitely a very natural mascara since it only lengthens and volumize but doesn't thickens your lashes.
I'm so glad that I got this sample or travel size mascara to try out because it's not bad at all!
But it's not the mascara that I'm looking for.
So very sorry to MaxFactor and this mascara because I won't be purchasing this in full size.

If you are like me living in Ireland, this mascara is not cheap at all!
As for those who lives in the States, MaxFactor is actually same as Covergirl since they are under the same company.
But I'm not sure what this mascara is called in the States under Covergirl because the names are totally different.
I'm so sorry guys because you might need to search it in the store.
I'm not really sure, very sorry!
But if you are living in UK and Europe, you can buy it at Boots.
As for those who are living in other countries, you might need to search at your drugstore and see whether they have a MaxFactor counter or not.

Here's some links for further reading and stores where you can purchase online:
Link: Boots Europe (14.99 euro)
Link: Superdrug UK (9.99 pound)

That's all guys=)
Thanks for reading=)
Remember to check out my BLOG SALE!
X.O.X.O

Comments