Minon Amino Moist Gentle Wash Whip Review

Hey guys!=)
So today's review is all about this cleanser from 'Minon'.



I've been searching for a Japanese skincare brand that is suitable for sensitive skin aside from 'Curel'. I found this brand 'Minon' while doing some research online so I decided to try it out and the first product I decided to try is their cleanser.

Claims:
This foaming face wash creates a rich, whipped cream-like lather that gently envelops impurities to clarify and hydrate. Featuring amino acid-based cleansing ingredients and 8 kinds of moisturizing amino acids. Prevents drying and roughness of the skin caused by excessive amino acid discharge through the skin.

Ingredients: listed on their website which is linked at the very bottom of this post

Skin type: all skin types

Rate: 6/10


Consistency/texture: foam

Smell/scent: doesn't really have any scent

Application/how to use: Wet face and take a proper amount (2-3 pumps) on your palm. Spread the foam on your face. Rinse thoroughly with water or lukewarm water.

How often do you use: every morning and night

Packaging: bad packaging, not suitable to travel with. Do NOT bring on FLIGHT!

Sizes: 150ml (refill pack 130ml)

Whole product lasted how long: I didn't get to finish it (reason mentioned below)

Product life span: 12 months

Would you recommend to others: yes if you like foaming cleanser

Personal experience using it: I've heard a lot about this brand for the past few years. It's meant to be a skincare brand for sensitive skin. I have extremely sensitive skin so I decided to test it out. I ran out of my 'Curel Foaming Cleanser' and was searching for another gentle skin cleanser until I found this. It wasn't cheap at all but still, I gave it a go. It is quite convenient to use especially when you are in a hurry, it came out ready-foamed (shown in the picture above) when you press the pump. You are supposed to pressed 2-3 pumps according to the instructions but I personally only use a pump because my face is quite small and one pump is enough for me. I like that it is ready-foamed and very gentle on the skin. I don't feel much difference compared with the 'Curel Foaming Cleanser'. They are both pretty similar I would say. The only downside about this product compared to the Curel one is do NOT bring this on flight with you! I mean do NOT put it in your luggage!! It will leaked and somehow the consistency changed after you take it on flight with you. It happened to me just last month, I flew back to Malaysia for a week and I took this cleanser with me and when I reached home and took this out to use, the foam still looks the same but somehow when the foam touches your skin, it completely disappeared and no matter how many pumps I used, it is still the same. I don't know what happened there but my guess is that the packaging is not tightly sealed which causes the leakage and also consistency changed due to air pressure. But if you bought a brand new bottle and has never opened it before, I think you are good to go. But once you have opened it, do NOT bring it on flight with you because it will only messed up your luggage. This is the reason why I didn't get to finish using this product because it doesn't allowed me to. I was pretty disappointed by this because I always think that Japanese products' design are super thoughtful and convenient. But I guess I'm wrong, at least not all Japanese products are like that. On the side note, this doesn't happened to my Curel cleanser. So I hoped 'Minon' would do something about their packaging that causes this to happened.

Would you repurchase: not now but maybe in the future

Product value/price: ¥1500

Where I bought mine: Daikokudrug, Japan

Links for further information: Minon Japan website

That's it guys!=)
Thanks for reading.
Any gentle cleanser that is suitable for sensitive skin?
Tell me in the comment section below.
X.O.X.O

Comments