L'Occitane Ultra Rich Body Cream Review

Hi guys!=)
So today's review is about a body cream from 'L'Occitane'.


L'Occitane is famous with their shea butter products. I've tried a few of their products in the past but not much. I bought this body cream in a whim because I was actually thinking of buying 'The Body Shop Body Butter' but the scent that I like is always out of stock so in a fury, I went to L'Occitane and did some damage there. I usually prefer to spend my money at 'The Body Shop' than L'Occitane is because L'Occitane products are way too expensive. Anyway, I spent quite a lot of money on that trip to L'Occitane, this is one of the item that I bought.

Claims:
The rolling fields of Provence and the creamy shea butter of Africa combine in this perfect solution for dry skin. Whether it's through hot summers, or cold winters, or just the everyday pressures of urban living, our body need protection. Our Ultra Rich Body Cream, with its high concentration of Shea Butter (25%), helps to intensely nourish, protect and restore the skin back to its healthy self. Linseed, marshmallow, almond and honey help to hydrate the skin, keeping you deliciously soft and smooth all day long. Plus, because it is absorbed quickly, you can get up and out into the world quicker than ever, feeling soft up to 72h.

Ingredients: listed on their website which is linked at the very bottom of this post

Skin type: all skin types

Rate: 7.5/10




Consistency/texture: butter-like consistency

Smell/scent: shea butter scent

Feel: very moisturising

Application/how to use: massage on body after bathing or showering, or anytime skin feels hot, dry or tight

How often do you use: every night

Packaging: big and bulky but very sturdy. Can be take to travel.

Sizes: one size 200ml

Whole product lasted how long: 15 days

Product life span: 12 months

Would you recommend to others: yes

Personal experience using it: I like this body cream a lot but compared it to my beloved 'The Body Shop Body Butter', I personally still prefer TBS body butter because the consistency is very similar and it's way cheaper than this one. It is a highly moisturising body cream but the scent is not to my liking. It has a very very rich shea butter scent and I personally dislike the scent of shea butter. I used this every single night after I shower so usually my body creams ran out pretty fast. Usually a 200ml body cream will only last me 2 weeks so it wasn't a surprised that I finished this in 15 days. This body cream doesn't absorb instantly so if you can't wait then don't buy it. Overall, I would recommend this to those who have dry skin like me and have the patience to wait for it to absorb before wearing your clothes.

Would you repurchase: maybe (too expensive lol)

Product value/price: RM186

Where I bought mine: L'Occitane store, Malaysia

Links for further information: L'Occitane Malaysia website

That's it guys!=)
Hope it helps.
Any good body butters to recommend to me?
X.O.X.O

Comments