DHC Lip Cream Review

Hi!!!
So today's review is about a famous Japanese lip balm.


No doubt that this lip balm is super famous in Japan and outside of Japan too! You can literally see it everywhere in Japan. Also, if you search online for the best Japanese lip balm, this little guy here will definitely pop up in the article. It's crazily famous! So I gotta try it! This is my first ever lip balm that I bought when I reached Japan and I've been wanting to try it for so long.

Claims:
Soften your lips with this creamy lip balm infused with antioxidant-rich olive oil and soothing aloe. Wear alone or over lipstick as a gloss. For all skin types. 

Key ingredients + Benefits:
Olive fruit oil: Nourishes, hydrates and protects lips from environmental stresses
Squalane: Derived from olives; moisturizes and prevents irritation
Ginseng root extract: Boosts hydration
Lanolin oil: Moisturizes
Aloe barbadensis leaf juice: Strengthens and conditions

Ingredients: listed on their website which is linked at the very bottom of this post

Skin type: all skin types

Rate: 7/10



Consistency/texture: creamy balm

Smell/scent: pleasant scent

Feel: moisturising on lips

Application/how to use: glide evenly over lips

How often do you use: every time my lips feel dry

Effectiveness: average

Packaging: nice lipstick-like packaging. Easy to travel with.

Sizes: one size 1.5g

Whole product lasted how long: about a month only

Product life span: 12 months

Would you recommend to others: maybe

Personal experience using it: I have quite high expectations for this lip balm because it is way too famous among the beauty community. It has to be famous for a reason right? I've heard of this lip balm ages ago and I saw my friend using it and she told me it is her favorite lip balm and she has gone through dozens of it. So, I put high hopes in this lip balm. Well, I would say it didn't disappointed me but at the same time, I can't find the reason why it is so famous. It's very moisturising on the lips and the packaging is nice but somehow I just feel like it is nothing special than a normal lip balm. If you have super dry, chapped, cracked lips then you can skip this. Overall, I would repurchase if it is on clearance for a super cheap price. If you want to try this lip balm, make sure you compare the prices of this lip balm in all the Japan drugstores because I have seen the price of this lip balm as low as ¥4xx and as high as ¥6xx. So make sure you compare the prices before you buy because the price is very much different in different drugstores.

Would you repurchase: maybe

Product value/price: ¥598 (discounted price)

Where I bought mine: Welcia drugstore, Japan

Links for further information: DHC website

That's it guys!=)
Thanks for reading.
Share with me what lip balm are you using in the comment section below.
X.O.X.O

Comments

Post a Comment