The Body Shop Brow & Lash Gel Review

Hey guys!=)
So today's review is finally a makeup review and it's a brow gel from 'The Body Shop'.


Since I've moved back to Malaysia, I've been looking for a new brow gel to replace my beloved 'Sleek Brow Gel'. That would forever be my favorite brow gel but unfortunately, I couldn't get my hands on it in Malaysia so I have no option but to look for a new favorite. Personally, I only use clear brow gel and I find it very difficult for me to find a clear brow gel on the market as brands don't really make them which I really don't understand why. Can someone tell me why? I was browsing online and I saw that The Body Shop sells clear brow gel which I didn't knew all my life so I decided to give it a go.

Claims:
Complete with a handy applicator brush, this clear gel will tame unruly brows and fix them in place. Use on your lashes for a natural, yet defined no-makeup look easy. Enhances lashes. Grooms eyebrows. Dermatologically tested. Ophthalmologically tested. Suitable for contact-lens wearers. Enriched with community trade Aloe Vera from Mexico.

Rate: 5/10


Consistency/texture: gel

Smell/scent: slight chemical scent

Application/how to use: apply directly to eyelashes from root to tip with the applicator. Comb through eyebrows, following their natural shape.

How often do I use: every time I wear makeup which is at least 6 days out of a week

Packaging: travel-friendly but packaging gets dirty very easily with all the fingerprints on it

Sizes: one size 10ml

Whole product lasted how long: 6 months

Product life span: 6 months

Would I recommend to others: maybe

Personal experience using it: This brow gel isn't bad and I got nothing against it, but it just could not be listed as my favorite. The wand is a little bit too long for me. It does set my brows pretty well and there's no crispiness or hardness on my brows, but it doesn't really last long. It sets for about 4-5 hours and afterwards, if you touch your brows or accidentally rubbed it, your brows will go wild again. It's like you didn't even use a brow gel to set them in the first place. So it was an average product for me and it was quite pricey too for a brow gel.

Would I repurchase: no

Product value/price: RM48

Where I bought mine: The Body Shop store, Malaysia

Links for further information: The Body Shop US website

That's it guys!=)
Thanks for reading.
Question of the day: What is your favorite brow gel?
X.O.X.O

Comments