Naturals by Watsons Olive Hair Serum Review

Hi loves!=)
It's been quite awhile since I last posted a beauty review.
I've been so caught up with all the school work.
Anyway, I'm finally back!=)
So this week's review is a hair product review.


I bought this hair serum while I was in Malaysia back in 2013 if I'm not mistaken. I've had this hair serum for soooooooo long! But luckily, it stated there you could keep it for 3 years so it's still fine for your hair. This brand called 'Naturals' is a Watsons brand. If you are not from Malaysia, then you probably doesn't know that Malaysia's drugstore is called 'Watsons' so this is their own brand. I know Watsons is available in Singapore as well. But I'm not sure about other Asia countries. Pop me a comment down below if you are living in a country that has Watsons. I love Watsons!!! Make sure to go Watsons if you are travelling to Malaysia or Singapore.

Back to this hair serum, I popped into Watsons one day with the intention of buying a hair serum for my hair because my hair was so brittle, dry and damaged at the ends. There was a salesgirl standing in the drugstore and she approached me because I was wondering around the hair section. I told her what I'm looking for and she recommended me this hair serum. Apparently there is another one for damaged hair which I think is the Macadamia oil. But she said my hair was fine and doesn't need that strong of an oil so she recommended me the olive hair serum. It has certified organic olive oil ingredient from Italy. I was sold immediately when I heard the word 'organic'. Lol.

Claims:
Naturals by Watsons Olive Hair Serum with USDA Certified Organic Olive Oil from Italy and Natural Grape Seed Oil helps to revitalise hair and retain moisture. Paraben free. It also contains Sunflower Oil and Vitamin E to nourish hair and boost shine, leaving your hair smooth and tangle-free after use.

Ingredients:
Paraffium Liquidum, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Parfum, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil

Rate: 6/10


Consistency: Oil

Smell/Scent: pleasant salon scent. I'm bad at describing scent. But it does smells nice.

Application/How to use: technically can be used in 2 ways

  1. After shampooing, gently pat your hair dry with towel. Apply 1-2 pumps of hair serum evenly onto your hair. No need to rinse.
  2. Use on dry hair for smoothing and intense hair shine. No need to rinse.
Personally, I use the first way. I only apply to my hair below my ears. I don't like applying any other hair products except shampoo to my roots. 

How often do you use: I use it every time after towel-dried my washed hair. I wash my hair every other day.

Effectiveness: does provides instant shine and smoothness to hair. 

Packaging: like the pump but it does leaked a little. Not travel-friendly.

Whole product lasted long: well I couldn't really give an exact time frame because I use it on and off but I would say it's about 6 months of consistently using it for me to finish it. Keep in mind I don't use it every day so it takes longer to finish.

Would you recommend to others: maybe

Personal experience using it: I like this hair serum in general but I don't notice any difference with my hair. I have natural, fine, thin, shiny hair. My 'shiny' doesn't means greasy. My hair has natural shine and my friends always tell me that I could do hair advertisements because I have amazing natural shiny hair. Even if I don't apply any hair products except shampoo, my hair still looks shiny and healthy. So that's one of the reason I don't really like using hair products on my hair because I don't really need it. But then when I started playing my hair with all the hair tools, my hair got quite damaged so I decided to try hair products and found this hair serum. It was fine but nothing amazing to be honest. DO NOT use too much. A little goes a long way because it's true oil so it's oily and if you use too much, your hair will end up in clumps. It can be greasy as well if you apply too much. It does makes my ends look less damaged but I would not say it makes my hair tangle-free though.

Would you repurchase: not really

Product value/price: RM21.90

Where I bought mine: Watsons Malaysia

Links for further information: Watsons Malaysia website

That's it guys!=)
Thanks for reading!=)
Hope it helps!=)
X.O.X.O

Comments

  1. well for me this serum didn't work well i have thin hair and always lokking for hair growth products to grow my hair more temperature And Humidity Controller online in pakistan
    Best Shampoo For Hair Loss Control In Pakistan but this serum have zero effect on my hairs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment