Cetaphil Daylong SPF50+ PA++++ Light Gel Review

Hey guys!=)
So today's review is a sunscreen from 'Cetaphil'.


I never knew that 'Cetaphil' has sunscreen and I believe that these sunscreens from 'Cetaphil' can only be found in Asia countries. I was living in Europe for the past few years and I've never seen any sunscreen from this brand. If you guys read my blog constantly, you will know that I love love love 'Cetaphil' as a brand in general because their products are amazing! Ever since I moved to Malaysia, I was browsing the drugstore one day and I saw this sunscreen. I was pretty amazed and told myself I have to get it since I love their products so much.

Claims:
Very high protection with SPF value of 50. UV filters which act against harmful sun exposure. Quickly absorbs resulting in a matte finish. Pleasant & non-sticky. Nourishment of vitamin E. Oil and emulsifier free. Fragrance free. Paraben free. Hypoallergenic.

Ingredients:
Aqua, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Alcohol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Dibutyl Adipate, Titanium Dioxide (nano), Dimethicone, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Triazone, Methylene Bis-Benzotriazolyl Tetramethylbutylphenol (nano), Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Silica, Decyl Glucoside, Triethanolamine, Xanthan Gum, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Lauryl Glucoside, BHT, Propylene Glycol.

Skin type: all skin types especially sensitive to oily skin

Rate: 5/10

`

Consistency/texture: cream

Smell/scent: typical sunscreen scent

Feel: thick and sticky on skin

How to use: cleanse face and body with water and pat dry. Apply liberally on the exposed parts of the skin like face, neck, arms and legs. Massage until absorption. Use at least 20 minutes prior to sun exposure.

Packaging: squeezy tube. Can get a bit messy but overall is okay. Travel-friendly

Sizes: one size 50ml

Product life span: about a year (expiry date written on packaging)

Would you recommend to others: no

Personal experience using it: I hate to say this but I really don't enjoy using it. I actually have high hopes for this sunscreen to work because firstly, I really love Cetaphil so I kinda expect that I will love this sunscreen too. This sunscreen is a chemical + physical sunscreen which I normally wouldn't buy when it comes to choosing sunscreen because I personally prefer pure physical sunscreen. But since I love this brand so much, I told myself to give it a chance. After about 5 uses, I stopped using it. The biggest problem with this sunscreen is that it doesn't really absorb into the skin. It sits on your skin and feels a bit sticky. It takes ages for it to be fully-absorbed, I'm talking about more than 3 hours! And yet it said that it is supposed to absorb instantly and doesn't feel sticky. Well, I really hate sunscreen feeling sticky on my skin. Also, this sunscreen is completely a cream consistency which I don't know why on the packaging they said it is a light gel consistency. Therefore, I do not recommend for any skin type especially oily skin because I have super dry skin and yet I feel sticky and oily at the same time after using this sunscreen. I felt sorry to Cetaphil since I really love most of their products but this product is really a no go. Plus, it is pretty pricey too.

Would you repurchase: definitely no!

Price: RM97.81

Where I bought mine: Watsons Malaysia

Links for further information: Watsons Malaysia

That's it guys!=)
Thanks for reading!
Question of the day: What is your favorite sunscreen that is not sticky and oily?
X.O.X.O

Comments

Post a Comment